A new era of wine competitions begins TODAY. Ultimate Beverage Challenge announces that product entry forms for the inaugural Ultimate Wine Challenge on June 7-11, 2010 are NOW AVAILABLE on-line and for download at www.ultimate-beverage.com.
The inaugural Ultimate Wine Challenge takes place June 7-11 in New York at state-of-the-art Astor Center in New York City and is revolutionary in scope. At UWC entered wines will be presented in flights by type, region and varietal, at proper temperatures and served in glassware that is most appropriate to its specific classification.
In addition to Judging Chairman F. Paul Pacult and Assistant Judging Chairman Sean Ludford, judges for Ultimate Wine Challenge are a who's who of the foremost wine authorities, journalists, and educators, such as Mary Ewing-Mulligan, MW; Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan, MW; Ed McCarthy, Steve Olson, Laura Maniec, MS, Michael Apstein and more.
- Meaningful scores. All our judging is done by panels in a progressive manner, meaning there are multiple people (and palates) tasting. Products advance through successive rounds to determine the most deserving top scorers.
- Our judges are the most experienced and best trained in the industry; Ultimate Wine Challenge will have a number of Masters of Wine and Master Sommeliers on the judging panels.
- Our evaluations are conducted at Astor Center, NYC under the strictest and most exacting circumstances. A professionally trained staff pours and serves the samples.
- Our judges taste blind, and rate products using the 100-point scale. The final results are scores that consumers can easily understand and the trade use to its advantage in advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Entered wines are organized into flights sorted by price, type, region and varietal. Wines are served at proper temperatures and in the appropriate glassware for their specific classification.
- FREE marketing tools are offered such as certificates, Challenge logos and award logos to help submitters successfully market their products' scores for advertising, point-of-sale, and public relations promotions.
- No U.S. importer? No problem. We help you get your products into the Challenge as a way to gain national recognition within the U.S and to possibly gain an importer’s or the media’s notice. Please contact [email protected] for instructions.
- We judge all wines: table wines, champagne and sparkling wines, dessert and ice wines, fortified wines and sakes.
- Your scores will be widely publicized publicized, both in print and on-line.
- We will showcase your wines to consumers, media and trade at our Ultimate Wine tasting event at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, New York City, October 4, 2010.
Entry fees are $145 per entry for 1-5 wines and $95 per entry for more than 6 wines. DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS MAY 25, 2010. Enter your wines online or download your application form. Ultimate Wine Challenge judging takes place June 7-11.