New York, N.Y., (February 17, 2011) – Pernod Ricard USA, a leading producer, importer and marketer of prized spirits and wine brands in the United States, and BAR, LLC today unveil the details of the BarSmarts Pioneers in Mixology Program. Pioneers in Mixology is a one of a kind, BarSmarts exclusive program, that brings the best and the brightest in the craft bartending world to graduates of the BarSmarts ADVANCED and BarSmarts WIRED certification programs.
For one week in March, a team of world-class presenters and hosts will travel across the country to bring the Pioneers in Mixology traveling road show of advanced mixology and techniques to BarSmarts Graduates in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. Gary Regan, respected industry expert, prolific writer, consultant and bartender extraordinaire, will host the one day events in each city and will be joined by a team of world renowned bartending gurus including:
· Tony Conigliaro – hailed as one of ‘mixology’s global poster boys’, Tony is a pioneer in the use of molecular mixology in cocktails. Tony regularly hold master classes showcasing the latest and most progressive techniques in the bar industry. Tony will present ‘Scientific Methods Used in Everyday Bartending’ at The Pioneers in Mixology sessions.
· Nick Strangeway – dubbed ‘Mixologist/Bartender of the Year’ at the industry’s premiere 2010 Tales of The Cocktail event, Nick has shaken and stirred at some of the world’s most famous watering holes. At the Pioneers in Mixology events, Nick will instruct the BarSmarts grads on ‘The Craft of Bartending Using Local Ingredients’.
· Aisha Sharpe – Aisha’s mixology skills have been acclaimed by The New York Times, New York Magazine and top restaurants owner across the country. Co-founder of Contemporary Cocktails, Inc, a global, full-service cocktail and spirits consulting firm, Aisha will join forces with Dushan Zaric to instruct the BarSmarts grads on ‘Mastery of Service’ at the Pioneers in Mixology roadshow events.
· Dushan Zaric – acclaimed mixology expert with extensive experience in the craft of bartending, Dushan is co-founder of Cocktail Conceptions consulting company. He will instruct the grads on the ‘Mastery of Service’ with co-presenter Aisha Sharpe.
“Pioneers in Mixology participants must have successfully passed our rigorous BarSmarts Advanced or BarSmarts Wired bartender training, education and certification program,” noted Suzanne Freedman, Director, On-Premise & BarSmarts, Pernod Ricard USA. “These folks worked very hard to successfully complete the BarSmarts program. We want to stay connected with them and continue to help them build their knowledge and skills sets to further hone their craft. Pioneers in Mixology assembles a team of the world’s most renowned mixologists in a robust and energized format that speaks to many of today’s most crucial aspects of successful bartending.”
The Pioneers in Mixology schedule is as follows:
· New York – Tuesday, March 22
· Chicago – Thursday, March 24
· Los Angeles – Monday, March 28
Gary Regan, Host of Pioneers in Mixology added, “BarSmarts is the industry leader in bartender education and has been instrumental in setting a new standard of excellent for the bartending profession as a whole. Pioneers in Mixology offers those who have benefited from the BarSmarts program, a next step in their quest for new experiences, new learnings and new ways to improve upon their craft.”
The cost for BarSmarts Graduates to participate in Pioneers of Mixology is $65. Proceeds from all Pioneers in Mixology events are being donated to the charity Wine to Water, an aid organization focused on providing clean water to needy people around the world.