Independence Day and National Tequila Day have a few things in common: they both take place in summer, they both require refreshing drinks, and they're both exciting bar holidays. This reinvigorating Collins combines tequila, grapefruit and a great time.
Recipe and image courtesy of Volcán De Mi Tierra
- 2 oz. Volcán De Mi Tierra Blanco
- 0.75 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- 0.75 oz. 1:1 Simple syrup
- 1 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
- Soda water to top
- Grapefruit wedge to garnish
Shake tequila, lemon juice, simple syrup and grapefruit juice with ice. Strain into a double rocks glass over a large cube of ice. Top with soda water, and garnish with a grapefruit wedge.