Chef Brian Duffy and his team of chefs made this dish live on the 2018 Nightclub & Bar Show Expo Floor at our incredible food-focused Food & Beverage Innovation Center. This elevated bar food recipe yields 250 delicious servings.
- 3 cases Sun noodles
- 8 gallons Bourbon beef broth (recipe below)
- 20 pounds Bacon, cooked
- 5 pounds julienne La Quercia meats (salami, soprasotta, any dry cured charcuterie)
- 2 cups Sesame seeds
- 1.5 pounds Candied ginger, brunoise
- 3 heads fine julienne Red cabbage
- 3 cups Red radish
- 1 quart Julienne Carrots
- 20 pounds Bacon, cut into 1” cubes, cooked out and rendered (hold grease for sauté)
- 8 bunches Scallions, long bias julienne, 2”-3” cut
- 10 dozen Hard boiled eggs, soaked in Tea & Chile Oil (2 gallons water, 2 cups green tea Steeped & cooled, 1 Cup Chili Oil). Place hard boiled shelled eggs in tea & chili mixture and hold until service.
- 4 quarts Quinoa Popcorn: 1 pound bacon fat, 1 quart quinoa, cajun seasoning. Melt 2 Tbsp. bacon fat and add a single layer of quinoa and popcorn. Repeat until all quinoa is popped. Remove and season hold for service.
- In a wok, combine bacon, onions, candied ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- In a pasta cooker, blanch noodles.
- Place noodles in a bowl.
- Top with broth.
- Artfully present remaining ingredients on top of broth and noodles.
- Cut egg in half and serve on top.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and top with popcorn.
For Bourbon Beef Broth:
- 8 gallons Water
- 1.5 pounds Beef base
- 1 pound Veggie base
- 20 pounds small cut Beef bones
- 3 quarts Minced carrots
- 2 quarts Minced celery
- 3 quarts Minced onions
- 6 oz. Ginger
- 6 Jalapeños
- 1 bunch Lemongrass
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 pound whole Butter
- 1 quart Bourbon
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 4 cups Tomato paste
Combine 2 cups bourbon, brown sugar, tomato paste and make a paste. Toss bones in mix and lay on sheet tray. Place veggies on sheet tray and roast in the oven at 375° for 1 hour, covered. Remove cover and roast one hour at 400°. In a large stock pot melt butter. Place bones and veggies in pot and cover with water and bases. Cook for 4 hours on low heat. Strain all veggies and hold stock for service. Sauté veggies in bacon fat. Add bourbon and flambé. Add water and bring to a boil. Aadd bases and whisk well. Immediately reduce heat to a low temp and simmer for 1 hour.