Seattle Cider Company Partners with Wirtz Beverage
SEATTLE – Seattle Cider Company and Wirtz Beverage Group are excited to announce a new partnership and the fast approaching launch of Seattle Cider’s unique selection of dry craft ciders in Nevada. Becoming the tenth state to carry Seattle Cider Company since their August 2013 opening, Nevada will enjoy the growing cidery’s entire year round and seasonal lineup statewide beginning August 24th.
“Cider remains the fastest growing beverage segment in the country and we’re proud to see craft cider leading that charge,” said Caitlin Braam, Director of Business Development and Marketing for Seattle Cider Company. “The enthusiasm for craft beverages in Nevada, paired with our continued partnership with Wirtz Beverage, makes this yet another exciting launch for us this year! We can’t wait to see the response.”
Known for its handcrafted collection of dry, flavorful ciders – successfully bridging the gap between beer and wine – Seattle Cider Company offerings are made from 100 percent fresh-pressed Washington-grown apples, gluten free and never from concentrate. Scheduled to be available in 16-ounce cans, 22-ounce bottles and on draft throughout Nevada, initial Seattle Cider Co. offerings will include:
- Dry (0 brix, 6.5% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft.): Dry and pleasantly acidic, flavors of nectarine and under ripe peach hit the palate with no residual sweetness. One of the driest ciders on the market.
- Semi-Sweet (2.6 brix, 6.5% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft): A light, crisp cider with just a touch of sweetness, this cider is honey in color with notes of bergamot orange, lemon and apple. A refreshing cider, it reveals hints of apricot on the palate.
- Citrus (1.3 brix, 6.5% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft): This refreshing cider is complemented by a bold citrus flavor from grapefruit, lemon, and orange peel, balanced by a subtle medium-dry sweetness.
- Berry (1.8 brix, 6.9% ABV, 22-ounce bottle): The PNW Berry Cider is crafted with locally grown raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Softly tart at the start, softly sweet on the finish, this cider is both accessible and full-flavored.
- Gin Botanical (1.8 brix, 6.9% ABV, 22-ounce bottle): Fermented with spent gin botanicals from Batch 206 Distillery, our Gin Botanical is a semi-dry cider showcasing lemon, orange rind, juniper, cucumber and verbena. Like the spirit that inspired it, this cider is complex, clean, aromatic and refreshing.
- Three Pepper (3.2 brix, 6.9% ABV, 22-ounce bottle): A small-batch, limited-edition cider, the Three Pepper features an aroma of fresh, green jalapeños. Paired with a unique flavor profile, it combines the taste of poblano, habanero and jalapeño peppers, giving this cider a kick followed by a subtly sweet finish.
To celebrate its Nevada launch, Seattle Cider Company will be hosting tastings and events throughout the Las Vegas area the week of August 24, including Khoury’s Fine Wine & Spirits on Monday, August 24 from 6:30-8:30pm and the Velveteen Rabbit on Tuesday, August 25 from 6:30-8:30pm.
“Seattle Cider Company is a great alternative to many of the sweet ciders currently available in the Nevada market. The dry style allows the purity of the apple fruit to shine through, while the creative use of innovative flavors found in the specialty ciders like Citrus and Gin Botanical really ups the game for craft cider in Nevada,” said Michael Shetler, Wirtz Craft Beer Specialist.
Additional ciders will become available in market as they are released throughout the year. Seattle Cider Co. products can currently be found in stores and on tap throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Illinois, Austin, Wisconsin, California, Minnesota and Nevada with growing list of locations available at seattlecidercompany.com.
Media interviews, samples and photos available upon request. Please contact Caitlin Braam at [email protected]