millercoors claims eight medals at 2012 great american beer festival
MillerCoors raked in eight medals this weekend at the Brewers Association's annual Great American Beer Festival (GABF). Miller Lite received silver out of 51 entries in the American-Style Lager, Light Lager or Premium Lager category and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy took home silver in the Fruit Wheat Beer category.
Tenth and Blake Beer Company, the craft and import division of MillerCoors, had a solid showing by winning five of the company's eight medals, including three gold medals.
"We're thrilled with how our peers and beer fans across America responded to our entries in this year's GABF," said David Ryder, MillerCoors vice president of brewing and research. "Between taking silver with Miller Lite and receiving three gold medals for brands from our craft beer team, MillerCoors continues to prove it has the best and most diversified portfolio in the American beer industry."
The complete list of medals won by MillerCoors at the 2012 GABF:
- Move Back (The SandLot) - Dortmunder or German-Style Oktoberfest
- Wildpitch (The SandLot) - German-Style Wheat Ale
- Henry Weinhard's Blue Boar Pale Ale (Bliz-Weinhard Brewing) - American-Style Specialty Lager or Cream Ale or Lager Silver
- Miller Lite (Miller Brewing Company) - American-Style Lager, Light Lager or Premium Lager
- Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company) - Fruit Wheat Beer
- Keystone Light (Coors Brewing Company) - American-Style Lager, Light Lager or Premium Lager
- Mickey's Malt Liquor (Miller Brewing Company) - American-Style Specialty Lager or Cream Ale or Lager
- Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout (AC Golden Brewing Co.) - Wood and Barrel Aged Strong Stout
Since 1996, including medals previously won as Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company, MillerCoors has won a combined 263 medals at the Great American Beer Festival and the bi-annual World Beer Cup, also hosted by the Brewers Association.