The Melting Pot Toasts to Women and the Revival of Whiskey
The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. the world’s premier fondue restaurant and a leading polished casual dining franchise is celebrating women and the revival of whiskey this fall with five featured whiskey cocktails, a customizable whiskey flight and Women and Whiskey ladies’ night events featuring whiskey-infused fondues.
“Whiskey has been the fastest-growing spirits category over the last few years and whiskey’s popularity with women is leading this trend,” said Paul Brown, beverage manager for Front Burner Brands, restaurant management company for The Melting Pot. “People naturally associate whiskey as a drink of choice for men but its appeal to women as well as millennials is what’s driving its current popularity.”
Encompassing a variety of whiskey styles, The Melting Pot’s featured whiskey cocktail menu is available now through Nov. 22. The featured drinks include:
* Alabama ’33: Clyde May’s Alabama Style Whiskey is combined with apple juice, a squeeze of orange, ginger beer and a hint of spice to create this harvest-style cocktail.
* Saloon Sour: Wet your whistle with this refreshing mixture of Maker’s Mark Bourbon Whisky, Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur, fresh lemon juice and peach syrup, topped with a splash of Sprite.
* Kentucky Stone Sour: Satisfy your thirst for adventure with Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon, blackberries and fresh lemon juice, topped with Dreaming Tree Crush Red Wine.
* Buck Be a Lady: Jameson Irish Whiskey, freshly muddled strawberries, angostura bitters and ginger beer join forces in this whiskey buck that lives up to the Jameson family motto, “Without Fear.”
* Preservation League: A modern and sophisticated take on scotch with Monkey Shoulder Blended Malt Scotch, Cointreau Orange Liqueur, apricot preserves and fresh citrus juices.