Digital Signage Federation January 13 “Hangout”
Warrenton, VA – The Digital Signage Federation® (DSF), the only independent not-for-profit trade organization serving the digital signage industry invites DSF members and non-members alike, to attend its Wednesday, January 13 “Hangout” panel discussion at 2pm EST, on the topic of “Planning for the Lifecycle of a Digital Signage Network Infrastructure.”
Everyone who has oversight responsibility for or manages a digital signage communications network must at some point deal with the reality of not only planning for regular maintenance, but also consideration and budgeting for timely upgrades, enhancements and an occasional overall update to ensure that the deployed technologies do not become obsolete triggering a major overhaul.
Hangouts are 45-minute panel discussions using Google’s Hangout platform with a moderator and a panel of three or four industry professionals.
The panel comprised of Digital Signage professionals who are members of the DSF, will include:
- Dave Haar, Director of Business Development, Brawn Consulting
- Tim Johnson, Senior Consultant-Client Development, YCD Multimedia
- Jay Leedy, Vice President of Sales, Diversified Media Group
In addition to sharing their guidance on network infrastructure planning, the January 13 panel will explore:
- The frequency with which media players should be upgraded.
- The average lifespan of a LED display and how it can be prolonged.
- Strategies for upgrading browsers, software versions, operating systems, and more.
- How to stay current on design trends to ensure content doesn’t look dated.
- Tools to monitor uptime and head off potential failures before they happen.
More information on the January 13 Hangout event or other DSF events can be found on the DSF website. Both DSF members and non-members may join these, or any of the DSF’s scheduled Hangout conversations for free – but registration is required and can be accessed on the “DSF Event Web Page” of the DSF website at http://digitalsignagefederation.com/event-2090856
Mark your calendar now.
Digital Signage Federation 2015 Educational Hangout Schedule:
- February 10 – Top Content Management Trends for 2016
- March 23 – Interesting Outcomes from DSE 2016 – An Attendee Perspective