What iPhone 5 Record Sales Means for Your Business
Market watchers have expressed confidence that Apple could sell as many as 10 million iPhone 5 units. New features on the iPhone 5 illustrate not only technology trends but more important what the consumer will be able to do in interacting with your brand.
What are some of those features?
- Better, faster connectivity to internet.
- A Maps app that allows users to simply ask (Siri) to find the nearest restaurant.
- A voice recognition service (Siri) means users will be able to book a restaurant directly.
- A central repository for loyalty cards and rewards.
- A tighter social media integration to Facebook and other social media channels.
- A camera which takes pictures in dark lit restaurants.
Mobile brand marketing has reached practically every industry today with companies vying with each other for a larger portion of mobile consumer attention. If you have capitalized on this mobile marketing trend….congratulations. If you want to know how to get started with mobile marketing, then read on.
Four things you can do to get started in mobile marketing:
Optimize your website for mobile
- One option is to take your existing website content and auto-format it for a mobile screen.
- Option number two is to create a separate mobile website that is completely independent from your regular website.
Claim your business on location based platforms
- Claim your business on location-based platforms like Foursquare and Facebook platforms.
- Start using these platforms to run mobile promotions.
Create a mobile app
- Makes it easier for consumers to spend money in restaurants.
- Helps your customers stay connected.
- Keep them up-to-date on every new dish, new location, and exclusive discount.
- Becomes a billboard serving as a constant reminder to interact with your brand.
Run mobile promotions or campaigns
- Interact with fans and turn them in to customers (or repeat customers).
- Send video emails to subscribers or send text messages with calls to action.
- Generate campaign marketing on mobile devices where your commercial is shown and clickable for immediate reservation capabilities.
Whether you are an Apple fan or not, you can thank Apple for enabling mobile consumers to better find and communicate with your brand. But unless your brand is enabled with the four steps illustrated, those mobile consumers (10 million) won’t be able to interact successfully.
Keep abreast of mobile marketing changes and constantly find ways to engage existing customers, while also trying to attract more customers.
. . . .
For assistance with a mobile marketing strategy, contact Dave Dronkers of Dronkers Solutions at email@example.com.