Support Sky Ranch’s 50th Anniversary
The Sky Ranch Foundation is preparing to celebrate the 2010 Sky Ranch Hall of Fame Dinner and 50th Anniversary Celebration of Sky Ranch for Boys. These events will take place in Deadwood, S.D., and at Sky Ranch on June 6-7.
The Foundation is the organization through which the beverage alcohol industry has supported Sky Ranch for Boys, providing approximately 25 percent of the facility’s operating budget. Sky Ranch for Boys is a 3,000-acre working ranch and licensed special education school dedicated to helping troubled boys aged 12-17 located in South Dakota.
The honorees at the 19th Hall of Fame Dinner reflect the industry’s strong support of Sky Ranch:
• Nancy Brady - President of Sky Ranch for Boys and mother of Texas Congressman Kevin Brady
• Tom Cole - President of Republic National Distributing Co.
• John Esposito - President of Bacardi USA
• Tobin Thomas - Inventory Planning Manager for Beam Global and Vice President of WAABI
• Bill Walsh - One of the original Sky Ranch staff who went on to become a successful business leader and member of the Sky Ranch board.
• Harry Wiles - Executive Director of American Beverage Licensees (ABL). It was ABL’s South Dakota affiliate that first brought Sky Ranch to national industry attention.
All members of the industry are encouraged to support Sky Ranch. Among the opportunities are purchasing Sky Ranch holiday greeting cards or making a donation. Also, you can support the 50th Anniversary celebration by purchasing tickets or ad space in the souvenir publication by contacting Donna Hood Crecca of Nightclub & Bar, who sits on the Hall of Fame Steering Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Duncan Cameron, treasurer/administrator of the Sky Ranch Foundation, at Cameroncom@aol.com or 540-891-7201.