The Fourth Annual International Music Summit Gears Up
IMS returns to Ibiza Gran Hotel and Dalt Vila in Ibiza for the fourth year, building on the great success of 2010’s summit that confirmed its role as the leading event for professionals in electronic music.
Created by a team including BBC Radio 1’s Pete Tong, IMS is a unique annual experience in Ibiza, combining an innovating and refreshing business-focused daytime schedule set across three days and the IMS Grand Finale Festival at the stunning at the Dalt Vila UNESCO World Heritage site
This year there will only be 500 delegate’s badges available to retain intimacy.
We’re delighted to announce the first speakers for this year’s International Music Summit (IMS: 2011). The scene is set for what promises to be the most exciting, informative and inspirational IMS yet. With Ibiza’s leading 5* Ibiza Gran Hotel once again the location for the daytime conferences, the IMS have upped the ante in the evenings with an expanded Dalt Vila experience and a first ever IMS Opening Party at Pacha on Wednesday 25th May. With last year’s amazing open-air Dalt Villa event including DJ sets from Pete Tong, Mark Ronson, Sasha, Skream and a live set from Buraka Som Sistema and David E Sugar, you can expect even more music and mayhem than before.
As well as Ibiza, IMS will also be taking to America for the first time as Ben Turner, co-director of IMS explains: “IMS is moving up a gear with a special event in Miami to amplify our work to the North American market, plus a whole host of additions and more parties in Ibiza to help inject a little mayhem to the proceedings. IMS will not veer away from the ´Back to Business´ ethos but electronic music has never been more prosperous and we want to showcase the amazing innovations in music, technology and promoters and festivals from around the world."
KEY CONFIRMED GUESTS FOR THE DAYTIME IMS: 2011 SCHEDULE:
IMS is honoured to have Daniel Miller from Mute Records as their Keynote Interview in 2011. The man who signed Depeche Mode, Moby and Richie Hawtin (amongst many others) has been invited to the IMS every year so far and now that he’s become and independent again, it feels like the right time for his story. In another major coup for IMS, it will be Richie Hawtin who interviews Miller.
Richie will also feature at IMS discussing his plans to make dance music greener, in conjunction with Alison Tickell from Julie´s Bicycle plus leading electronic music agents.
In addition, in the year that dance music has exploded onto daytime radio all over the world, the BBC´s ‘Head of Music’ George Ergatoudis will face the industry about his decisions, which arguably make him the most influential man in worldwide radio for electronic music labels. As well as speaking, Ergatoudis has agreed to a “speed pitching session” where delegates will have four minutes to sell their music to him.
IMS has also invited one of the worlds most powerful and most highly respected music agents to speak. David Levy was possibly the first ever DJ agent, and now with William Morris Endeavour, the company have a huge market share within the genre worldwide. Levy is uncompromising and has a vision and an overview for the global scene like few others. Elsewhere, the inspirational character that is Emmanuel du Buretel, the head of Because Music in France, will talk about his business interests that span way beyond simply releasing music. Emmanuel is one of the most respected label bosses in the world, and from France has a special approach to music and artist relations.
Other key speakers are Amy Thomson from CMO Management who has taken the Swedish House Mafia from Sweden to the top of the charts worldwide as both manager and agent. Also Jho Oakley who has taken drum n bass producers Chase & Status and Pendulum from underground clubs to writing records for the likes of Rihanna and beyond. Also included are speakers from Nokia and National Geographic, who have a new approach to music.
With those guests and so many more currently being confirmed for IMS: 2011, its safe to say that alongside all the evening entertainment, the IMS is still fully focused on setting the agenda for the future of the industry. It’s time to get Back to Business.
Pete Tong states: “We are very proud to announce the first stage of our conference line up for the 4th International Music Summit in Ibiza. Once again we are privileged to welcome an incredibly diverse array of brilliant guest speakers including the legendary founder of Mute Records Daniel Miller, Jho Oakley manager of Chase & Status and George Ergatoudis head of music at BBC Radio 1. I´m sure event will continue to make a major contribution to the debate on the future of electronic music entertainment around the world.”
See below for a full schedule of already confirmed guest speakers, the 11 key topics and the 11 reasons why to get excited about IMS: 2011.
FIRST SPEAKERS FOR IMS 2011:
* Keynote Interview - Daniel Miller (Mute, Label, chairman / founder). Interviewed by Richie Hawtin
* Keynote Interview - George Ergatoudis (BBC Radio 1, Head of Music)
* Keynote Interview - Emmanuel du Buretel (Because, Label; founder)
* Keynote Interview - David Levy (William Morris Endeavor, agent)
* Everything´s Gone Green: Richie Hawtin (M-nus, artist)
* Who The Fuck Is... Paul Kalkbrenner? (artist)
* Sasha (artist)
* Jamie Jones (Hot Natured / Crosstown Rebels, artist)
* Nervo (artists)
* Theo Gupta (Nokia, Global Music Partnerships Manager, brands)
******Jeffrey B. Clyburn (National Geographic Music, Vice President)
******Liz Gallacher (Velvet-Ears, music supervisor)
******Jason Alexander (Hit The Ground Running / Curators, music supervisor)
******Rudy Chung (Hit The Ground Running / Curators, music supervisor)
* Amy Thomson (CMO Management, manager; Swedish House Mafia)
* Alison Tickell (Julie´s Bicycle, climate change coalition, director)
******* Mark Gillespie (Three Six Zero Group, manager)
* Jho Oakley (Jho Management, manager; Pendulum & Chase & Status)
* Shamal Ranasinghe (Top Spin Media, digital marketing, co-founder)
* Nikita Marshunok (kaZantip, festival Ukraine, promoter)
* Ted Cohen (TAG Strategic, digital, founder)
* Jason Bentley (KCRW, broadcaster / DJ)
* Gary Richards (Hard / Hardfest, festival Los Angeles, promoter)
******** Katrin Schlotfeldt (Clonk, agent)
******** Kim Benjamin (Kimco Entertainment, agent)
* Tom Windish (Windish Agency, agent, founder)
* Tom Kiel (Universal Germany, label, A&R)
TEN REASONS TO EMBRACE IMS 2011
* IMS to reveal Electronic Music Industry Power Players list at forthcoming event
* IMS Legends Dinner at IMS Ibiza. A celebration of one person´s milestone
* Speed Networking with all IMS speakers outside of main delegation room
* Speed Pitching with BBC Radio 1´s Head of Music - George Ergatoudis
* Booking United summit meeting to take place during IMS Ibiza
* First ever IMS Opening Party at Pacha on Wed May 25
* Expansion of IMS events at Dalt Vila - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
* First official IMS pool party to take place at Ibiza Town hotel
* Introduction of ´Question Time´ format. Panel of experts debate the scene
* Wider range of hotel packages available. More hotels, more choice
ELEVEN TOPICS FOR IMS 2011
* Records. Meet Team Swedish House Mafia
* Labels. Survival of the Fittest: Labels of Love
* Publishers: They´re Just a Bunch of *ankers, aren´t they?
* Festivals. Kazantip - A New Dance Music Republic
* Social Media. The Twittering Classes: Social Media Etiquette
* Global. Las Vegas: The first real Ibiza Alternative?
* Global. Brasil: The New North America?
* Genres. Changing of the Guard: The New Techno Glitteratti
* Genres. Dubstep Breaks America
* Agents. Booking United: Berlin agent association revealed
* Charts. IMS: The DJ Index
To register for Early Bird discounted tickets (available until the 7th February) and to book accommodation please visit:www.internationalmusicsummit.com