Vanilla Bean Hot Buttered Rum
Nightclub & Bar's cocktail database is composed of tasty treats from top mixologist and industry experts' drink menu creations. The Vanilla Bean Hot Buttered Rum made with dark rum, dark brown sugar and vanilla bean pod is sure to please guests.
Created by Maria Del Mar Sacasa for her book Winter Cocktails
- such as Myer
- 1/5 Cups hot water
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped out
- 1.5 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- To make the butter, mix ingredients together vigorously in a medium bowl. Set aside until ready to use (this can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, covered).
- Stir together rum and water. Place 1 tablespoon of butter into 2 warmed cups, then pour equal parts of the drink over the top. To make sweeter, add more sugar to taste.