Tony Abou-Ganim's Hot Buttered Rum
Nightclub & Bar's cocktail database is composed of tasty treats from top mixologist and industry experts' drink menu creations. Tony Abou-Ganim's Hot Buttered Rum made with Mount Gay Extra Old rum, light brown sugar and pure vanilla extract is sure to please guests.
Created by celebrity mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim
- 1 Pound light brown sugar
- 1/2 Pound unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Ground allspice
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 oz. Mount Gay Extra Old rum for each mug
- Boiling water for each mug
- In a mixing bowl, beat together softened butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and spices until well combined. Refrigerate in an airtight reusable container. Note: It's best to make the batter at least 48 hours in advance of using, so the spices have an opportunity to mingle (the mixture will store for up to 1 month). Be sure to remove the batter from the refrigerator at least 6 hours prior to serving to allow it to soften.
- In a preheated coffee mug, combine 2 heaping tablespoons of batter with the rum. Top with 6 oz (180 ml) of boiling water and stir well to mix. Serve with a spoon.