Duchin Lounge Hot Buttered Rum
Nightclub & Bar's cocktail database is composed of tasty treats from top mixologist and industry experts' drink menu creations. The Duchin Lounge Hot Buttered Rum made with spiced rum, dark brown sugar and unsalted butter is sure to please guests.
Courtesy of Duchin Lounge in Sun Valley, ID
- 2/3 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 Cup spiced rum, such as Captain Morgan
- 2 Cups boiling water
- 4 Sticks of cinnamon, for garnish
- With an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a medium bowl until blended and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup (or larger) measuring cup. Add the rum and then 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir until the butter mixture dissolves. Divide the buttered rum among 4 mugs. Garnish with the cinnamon sticks and serve.