Quinoa Arugula Summer Salad
“Salads are so summertime, especially those that use quinoa and arugula,” says Rita Held, Angostura culinary ambassador. A few drops of orange bitters--which aren’t quite as intense or bitter as their Aromatic cousin--add zest.
Courtesy of The House of Angostura
- 3-4 cups cooked quinoa, chilled
- ⅓ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp safflower or canola oil
- 1 tsp Angostura Orange Bitters
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped basil
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3-4 generous cups baby arugula
Stir together rice vinegar, oil, bitters, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, stir together quinoa, feta, basil, mint and green onion. Add tomatoes and arugula, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional seasonal rice vinegar to taste, if desired.