Nightclub & Bar's cocktail database is composed of tasty treats from top mixologist and industry experts' drink menu creations. The Headless Horseman created by Chef Ari Taymor is sure to get your guests into the Halloween spirit.
Created by Chef Ari Taymor
- For Cocktail:
- 2 parts BACARDÍ Gran Reserva Ocho Años
- 2.5 parts Ginger beer
- 1 part Carrot eau de vie
- 1/2 part Lime juice
- 1/2 part Smoked Maple Simple Syrup
- Microplane coffee, for garnish
- For Smoked Maple Simple Syrup:
- 1 Cup cold smoked maple syrup
- 1 Cup water
- Wood chips
- To make Smoked Maple Simple Syrup, first make cold smoked maple syrup: heat wood chips in a pie tin until they smoke, put maple syrup into a bowl, and put both the pie tin and bowl into a conatiner. Cover with foil for 35 to 45 minutes. Mix together cold smoked maple syrup and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- To build the cocktail, place all ingredients except coffee beans and ginger beer in a tumbler with ice. Stir and strain into a Collins glass with ice. Pour ginger beer over the top and finish with a bit of coffee beans grated on a microplane.