Bleeding Heart Martini
Nightclub & Bar's cocktail database is composed of tasty treats from top mixologist and industry experts' drink menu creations. The Bleeding Heart Martini made with premium gin is sure to put your guests in the Halloween spirit.
Courtesy of MarthaStewart.com
- For Cocktail:
- 8 oz. Premium gin
- 2 oz. Dry vermouth
- 4 Pickled baby beets, each placed on a cocktail skewer
- For Pickled Baby Beets:
- 3/4 Cup distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. Whole black peppercorns
- 10 Juniper berries
- 2 Bunches (8 to 10) baby beets, peeled
- To make pickled baby beets, combine all ingredients, except beets, in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add beets and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer very gently until beets are tender, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Transfer to a small heatproof container, keeping beets submerged.
- Chill 4 martini glasses in the freezer or fill with ice water and let sit until frosty, about 5 minutes. Pour out water when ready to use. Add vermouth, dividing evenly. Swirl to coat the glasses and then pour out. Add gin to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled. Divide among chilled glasses. Garnish each with a skewered pickled baby beet. Serve immediately.