The Ultimate Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos
Nightclub & Bar's recipe database is composed of tasty treats from top culinary and industry experts' food menu creations. The Ultimate Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos are sure to please vegetarian, vegan or health-conscious guests.
Courtesy of The Food Lab, SeriousEats.com
- 1 1/2 quarts peanut, canola or vegetable oil
- 16 fresh corn tortillas, stacked in groups of 8. Cut into 6 wedges each.
- 2 Cups (about 1/6th) of full Vegetarian Bean Chili recipe
- 2 cups (about 1/4) of full Spicy Vegan Refried Beans recipe
- 2 cups Vegan Nacho Sauce (full recipe)
- 1 15-oz. Can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 Cups Roasted Tomato Salsa (full recipe)
- 1/2 Cup quartered grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 Cup sliced pickled jalapeños
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced fresh radishes
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/3 Cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1/4 Cup fresh picked cilantro leaves
- The Best Basic Guacamole (full recipe)
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in a large wok or Dutch oven to 350°F. Add 1/3 or tortilla chips and cook, agitating and flipping them constantly with a wire mesh spider until bubbles slow to a trickle and chips are pale golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined bowl, season with salt, and toss. Allow to drain for 30 seconds, then transfer to a second bowl. Repeat with remaining chips in two more batches.
- Layer 1/3 of chips in the bottom of a large cast iron skillet or baking dish. Dollop with 1/3 of chili and 1/3 of refried beans. Drizzle with 1/3 of cheese sauce, then sprinkle with half of black beans.
- Layer with another 1/3 of chips. Dollop with 1/3 of chili and 1/3 of refried beans. Drizzle with 1/3 of cheese sauce, then sprinkle with remaining half of black beans.
- Layer with remaining 1/3 of chips. Dollop with 1/3 of chili and 1/3 of refried beans. Drizzle with 1/3 of cheese sauce. Transfer to oven and bake until edges of chips are well browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with half of salsa, tomatoes, olives, jalapeños, radishes, scallions, onions, cilantro, and a big dollop of guacamole. Serve immediately with remaining salsa and guacamole on the side.
- For Vegetarian Bean Chili, click here.
- For Spicy Vegan Refried Beans, click here.
- For Roasted Tomato Salsa, click here.
- For Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce, click here.
- For Basic Guacamole, click here.
NOTE: You can use as many or as few of the toppings as you wish. High quality store-bought tortilla chips can be used in place of the fresh, but the chips will not stay crisp as long. For better results, cut the recipe for the vegetarian bean chili in half, omitting the kidney beans and using the full amount of chopped garbanzo beans for a chili with more uniform texture.