Soy-Glazed Chicken Yakitori
Nightclub & Bar's recipe database is composed of tasty treats from top culinary and industry experts' food menu creations. Soy-Glazed Chicken Yakitori made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs, shiitake mushroom caps and Sriracha chile sauce is sure to please guests.
Created by Chef Dean Fearing
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, white & light green parts only, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 6 shiitake mushroom caps, quartered
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup mirin
- 2 Tbsp. kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha chile sauce
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Thread 8 metal skewers with 3 pieces of chicken each and 3 pieces each of scallion and shiitake.
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, mirin, kecap manis, sugar, ginger, Sriracha and garlic; bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring, until slightly thickened (about 8 minutes).
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the skewers with oil and grill over high heat, turning, until nearly cooked through (about 5 minutes). Brush the skewers with the sauce and grill, turning, until the chicken is cooked through and nicely glazed (about 3 minutes longer). Serve immediately.