Sloppy Joe Dip
This hearty dip, sure to please guests, is an homage to an all-American classic, served with house-made tortilla chips rather than the usual bun.
Recipe Source: Food and Wine
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Pound ground beef chuck
- 1 Small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1.5 Cups canned chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 1.5 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tsp. celery seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tortilla chips and sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the meat, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook over high heat until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the jalapeño and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and celery seeds. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve hot with tortilla chips and sour cream.