Nightclub & Bar's bar food and snack database is composed of tasty treats from top chefs', cooks' and industry experts' food menu creations. Maple-Nut Popcorn made with pure maple syrup, mixed nuts and cayenne pepper is a sweet, salty and spicy snack is sure to please guests.
Courtesy of HGTV
- 10 Cups plain popcorn, popped
- 2 Cups mixed nuts, such as pecans, walnuts & almonds
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Nonstick spray, for greasing
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- 1.5 Cups pure maple syrup
- Combine the popcorn, mixed nuts, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in the maple syrup and continue cooking until the mixture reads 275 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the popcorn and nuts. Toss, using a spoon that has been coated in nonstick spray, to coat the popcorn evenly with syrup. Allow the popcorn to cool before serving.