Maple-Glazed Peanuts & Bacon
This sweet and salty snack is made better with the addition of delicious bacon. This addicting bar snack is sure to please guests.
Courtesy of The Redhead in Manhattan
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Cups (1 pound) unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 Tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves, minced
- 1/2 Tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 Tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 Thick slices (3 ounces) bacon
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix the thyme, salt, Old Bay, cayenne and dry mustard. Add the peanuts, maple syrup and bacon and toss until the peanuts are evenly coated. Scrape the nuts onto a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, stirring once, until the maple syrup has thickened. Let the peanuts cool completely, stirring frequently to break up any large clumps. Transfer the peanuts to glass jars or a large bowl and serve.
Make these ahead! The peanuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.