Irish Tater Totchos
Nightclub & Bar's bar food and snack database is composed of tasty treats from top chefs', cooks' and industry experts' food menu creations. Irish Tater Totchos are a delicious and inventive spin on Irish Nachos sure to please guests.
Courtesy of Tablespoon
- 2 16-oz. bags Cascadian Farm Spud Puppies frozen organic crispy golden potatoes
- 6 Slices bacon
- 1 Whole onion, diced
- 1 Whole red pepper, chopped
- 1 Whole jalapeño pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 Cup cooked black beans, rinsed & drained (if using canned)
- 1 Pinch salt & pepper
- 2 Cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Whole avocados, peeled & pitted
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Whole green onions, chopped & divided
- 1 Cup salsa (optional)
- 1 Cup sour cream (optional)
- Cook Spud Puppies potatoes according to package directions, but make sure to cook them until very crispy (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and then crumble into pieces.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from the skillet. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and when hot add the diced onion, red pepper and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper, saute for 5-8 minutes or until soft. Add the black beans and cook 1-3 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from the heat and, using a spatula, place the mixture onto a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Arrange half the Spud Puppies in the bottom of the skillet (used for cooking the bacon and peppers) or use a baking sheet. Sprinkle half the pepper mixture over the top of the Spud Puppies, and then add half the cheese. Add the remaining Spud Puppies, pepper mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is warm and melty.
- While the nachos bake, place the avocados, lemon juice, chopped cilantro and a pinch of slat and pepper in a bowl. Lightly mash the avocados. Stir in 2 chopped green onions.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and sprinkle the bacon over top. Dollop with the mashed avocado. Serve warm with sour cream, salsa and/or hot sauce if desired.