Nightclub & Bar's recipe database is composed of tasty treats from top culinary and industry experts' food menu creations. Ginger-Lime Cauliflower made with ginger and turmeric is sure to please guests. Yields 6 servings.
Created by Abraham Conlon and Adrienne Lo
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 Inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. Ground coriander
- 1 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground turmeric
- 1/2 Cup fresh lime juice
- Cilantro leaves with tender stems (for serving)
- Toss jalapeño and ½ tsp. salt in a small bowl. Finely grate ginger and squeeze juice into jalapeño mixture (you should have about 1 Tbsp. juice); discard pulp. Set jalapeño mixture aside.
- Cook cauliflower in a medium pot of boiling salted water until tops of florets are slightly translucent, about 1 minute; drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Cook oil and mustard seeds in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until seeds begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Add fennel seeds, coriander, cumin, and turmeric. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in lime juice and reserved jalapeño mixture. Let cool; season with salt. Add reserved cauliflower to saucepan and let marinate at least 1 hour.
- Top with cilantro just before serving.
- Cauliflower can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.