French Bread Pizza with Ricotta, Roasted Tomatoes & Pesto
Nightclub & Bar's bar food and snack database is composed of tasty treats from top chefs', cooks' and industry experts' food menu creations. French Bread Pizza with Ricotta, Roasted Tomatoes and Pesto is sure to please guests.
Created by Katherine Sacks
- 1.5 Pints cherry tomatoes, halved (about 3 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsps. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 12- to 14-inch soft loaf French or Italian bread, split in half lengthwise
- 1 Garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 Cup fresh ricotta (about 5 oz.)
- 3/4 Cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 2 Tbsps. fresh store-bought or homemade basil pesto
- For Homemade Basil Pesto:
- 3 Large garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup pine nuts
- 2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano, coarsely grated (2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 3 Cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 2/3 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
To Prepare Basil Pesto: With food processor running, drop in garlic and finely chop. Stop motor and add nuts, cheese, salt, pepper, and basil, then process until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil, blending until incorporated.
To Make French Bread Pizza: Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Toss tomatoes, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until tomatoes start to blister, about 13 minutes. Place bread, cut side up, on another rimmed baking sheet and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and rub cut sides with garlic.
Dollop ricotta on cut sides of bread. Top evenly with tomato mixture, then sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until Parmesan melts, about 10 minutes.
Whisk pesto and remaining 2 tsp. oil in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle on pizzas and season with salt and pepper.