Farmer’s Market Quinoa Salad
This bright, crunchy salad is a tasty alternative to greasy bar foods. It's also vegetarian friendly and appealing to more health-conscious guests.
Recipe by Bon Appétit
- 1/2 Cup raw pistachios
- 8 Ounces green beans and/or wax beans
- 4 Ounces sugar snap peas
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup coarsely chopped fresh tender herbs
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Small or 1 large head (about 1.5 cups) of broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 Cups pea shoots (tendrils)
- 1 Cup cooked quinoa (from about 1/3 raw)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans and sugar snap peas in a pot of boiling salted water until no longer raw but still very crunchy, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water and let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and thinly slice into bite-size pieces.
- Blend herbs, oil, vinegar, mustard, and 2 Tbsp. toasted pistachios in a blender, adding water by the tablespoonful if dressing is too thick, until smooth and the consistency of heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beans, peas, broccoli, pea shoots, quinoa, and remaining toasted pistachios in a medium bowl to combine. Drizzle salad with dressing and toss again to nicely coat everything; season with salt and pepper.