Fancy Grilled Cheese with a Fried Egg
Nightclub & Bar's bar food and snack database is composed of tasty treats from top chefs', cooks' and industry experts' food menu creations. The Fancy Grilled Cheese with a Fried Egg from Milktooth in Indianapolis, IN is sure to please guests.
Courtesy of Milktooh in Indianapolis, IN. Photograph by Peter Frank Edwards.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (plus more), room temperature, for bread
- 8 Slices cranberry-walnut or country-style bread
- 6 oz. Raclette or gruyère, grated
- 4 Large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Truffle honey or regular honey (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 300°. Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium. Butter one side of each slice of bread and place 4 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top bread with cheese, reduce heat to low, and cook until underside is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Top with remaining bread, buttered side up, turn sandwiches and cook until second side is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer sandwiches to a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle sandwiches with honey and top each with a fried egg.