Crispy Cauliflower Buffalo “Wings”
Nightclub & Bar's recipe database is composed of tasty treats from top culinary and industry experts' food menu creations. Crispy Cauliflower Buffalo “Wings” are made with cauliflower, garbanzo bean flour and hot sauce and are a healthy, gluten-free alternative to many traditional bar snacks.
Courtesy of MindBodyGreen.com
- 1 Medium head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 Cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Melted butter or ghee
- 2/3 Cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, water, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- Toss cauliflower into garbanzo batter, making sure to coat each piece completely, then place battered cauliflower on a lightly greased, nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In the meantime, combine melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl, regularly stirring. When cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and gently toss it in the hot sauce mixture. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 25 minutes until it becomes crispy. Allow cauliflower to cool for 15 minutes before serving.