Chocolate Beer Cake
Guests will love this Danish treat, particularly beer drinkers. A delicious dessert from Scandinavia!
Courtesy of Food.com
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup beer
- 2 egg whites
- Cream butter, add sugar slowly and beat well. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the chocolate which has been melted over low heat and cooled. Beat until smooth.
- Sift together three times the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to the butter alternately with the beer, a little at a time, and blend well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold inches.
- Bake in a buttered loaf pan (9×5×3) about 30 minutes in a preheated 375º oven. Serve plain or frost with a frosting.