Bayless’ Queso Fundido al Tequila
Nightclub & Bar's bar food and snack database is composed of tasty treats from top chefs', cooks' and industry experts' food menu creations. Bayless' Queso Fundido al Tequila made with Monterey Jack cheese, tequila and jalapeños is sure to satisfy guests.
Created by Chef Rick Bayless
- 1/4 Cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 Small onion, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. tequila
- Kosher salt
- 2 Medium tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Warm corn tortillas or corn chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the diced tomatoes, minced jalapeños, diced onion and a large pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in the tequila and cook, stirring frequently, until the skillet looks nearly dry, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until fully melted, about 30 seconds. Quickly transfer the queso fundido to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately, with tortillas or chips.