Bacon Jalapeño Poppers with a Cheesy Tater Tot Crust
Nightclub & Bar's bar food and snack database is composed of tasty treats from top chefs', cooks' and industry experts' food menu creations. Bacon Jalapeño Poppers with a Cheesy Tater Tot Crust are an inventive and unique variation of traditional poppers sure to please guests.
Courtesy of The Hopeless Housewife
- 8 Jalapeño peppers, seeded & halved lengthwise
- 1 8-oz. package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 Cups jack cheese, shredded & divided
- 6 Strips of bacon, cooked & diced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups frozen tater tots, brought to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of the jack cheese, and the bacon and salt. Mix well until blended.
- Fill the pepper halves with the cream cheese mixture on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high and cook the tots until golden brown and crunchy, about 1-2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and crush into tater tot crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the cream cheese mixture in the jalapeños.Sprinkle with the remaining cheese over the jalapeños. Place in preheated oven and and bake until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes. Serve immediately.