Watermelon Agua Fresca Mimosa
Nightclub & Bar's cocktail database is composed of tasty treats from top mixologist and industry experts' drink menu creations. The Watermelon Aqua Fresca Mimosa made with watermelon cubes and sparkling wine is sure to please guests.
Courtesy of Diane, A Broad (dianeabroad.com)
- 1 Small watermelon, peeled and cubed
- The juice of 2 small limes
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar (optional)
- 1 750ml Bottle of sparkling wine, chilled
- Purée the watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain the watermelon using a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Add the lime juice and, if desired, the agave nectar.
- Mix the watermelon agua fresca with the champagne. Start with roughly equal parts of agua fresca to champagne, then tweak to your taste.
NOTE: This is also great as a granita or a slushie. Freeze the mimosa in a baking pan for a couple of hours, then scrape up the ice crystals that have formed along the sides and top layer with a fork. Return to the freezer for another few hours, scrape, and repeat, until all of the mimosa is frozen and fluffy.