Checchetti Wine Company Launches Backhouse WinesMarch 8, 2011
Sonoma, CA – March 1, 2011 – Cecchetti Wine Company today announces the launch of Backhouse, a line of affordably priced wines from California aimed at the on-premise market segment.
“Many of our wholesale partners expressed a strong demand for an affordably priced wine that could be offered to restaurants for their by-the-glass programs,” says Roy Cecchetti co-founder and CEO of Cecchetti Wine Company. “We launched Backhouse to fill this market need and also provide another option for exclusive wine programs with smaller retailers.”
After only a few months in market, Backhouse has already gained traction among some large independent restaurant chains across the northeast and southern regions of the U.S. Backhouse 2009 Pinot Noir and 2009 Chardonnay also received “Best Buys” ratings in the April issue of Wine Enthusiast Magazine, saying they were the “…best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in California at that price point.”
In 1994, Cechetti Wine Company and Backhouse co-founders Roy and Rachael Cecchetti purchased a two and a half acre parcel in the Sonoma Valley. On that parcel, situated next to the grand willow tree and the natural spring fed pond, was an old backhouse. Through some research of the property, it was discovered that the old backhouse was once home to vintners, writers, artists and those who craved the solitude and enjoyment of nature. Backhouse was created to bring these memories back to life for a new generation.
Sourced from some of California’s best wine growing regions, Backhouse offers consumers an affordably priced option for enjoying wines that are balanced and offer a distinctive fruit forward style. Winemaker Bob Broman has a long and successful career finding quality vineyard sources throughout California and crafting consistently top quality, value driven wines that are meant for immediate consumption. Backhouse currently offers Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Chardonnay, and Pinot Grigio. All of these wines are priced at $7.00 a bottle.
Current releases available in market today include:
· 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon - deep red in color with flavors of black currant on the palate. Rich and robust, this wine can be enjoyed with a variety of foods such as hearty pasta dishes and roast meats.
· 2009 Pinot Noir - ruby red in color with ripe cherry and berry flavors. Soft and elegant, this wine can be enjoyed with wild game dishes and roast meats.
· 2009 Merlot - garnet in color with flavors of black cherry on the palate. Soft and compliant, this Merlot can be enjoyed with rich, red pasta dishes and is a fine accompaniment to chocolate.
· 2009 Chardonnay - golden in color with flavors of tropical fruits on the palate. Crisp and clean, this wine can be enjoyed with lighter fare such as fish and poultry dishes or as an aperitif.
· 2009 Pinot Grigio - pale straw in color with complex flavors of fruits and herbs. Round and full, this wine can be enjoyed with a variety of foods such as salads and poultry dishes.
Cecchetti Wine Company was launched by Roy Cecchetti, and his wife, Rachael, in 2006. The company produces consistent and approachable wines of excellent value from California, including the emerging Lake County AVA. The company produces Redtree, a line of affordably priced California appellation Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Petite Sirah, Pinot Grigio, Zinfandel, Moscato and Pinot Noir, as well as Line 39 that offers value-driven Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Petite Sirah sourced from Lake County AVA and North Coast appellation. In 2011, the company introduced Backhouse for the on-premise market.