Beam, NCB Team up to Feed Military Families for the HolidaysDecember 7, 2011 By: Megan Hernandez
Once again, Nightclub & Bar Media Group is proud to be a sponsor of the Holiday Meals For Military Program. Nightclub & Bar is teaming up with Beam Global Spirits & Wine Inc., Operation Homefront, Kid Rock and 30 other sponsors to provide more than 2,000 holiday meals to military families.
Last year, Nightclub & Bar Media Group President Jon Taffer and Vice President of Business Development Leo J. Squatrito traveled to Fort Hood, Texas, on behalf of the NCB team.
“Last year [the event] was one of the most moving days of my life,” Taffer says. “I was astonished how these families were struggling. Some cried about us flying to see them from across the country. They truly felt important — something our military seems to have forgotten. After meeting the families and experiencing last year, I embraced this as something I had to do every year.”
This year, the Holiday Meals for Military Program has grown, reaching six locations:
• Fort Campbell, Ky., on Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fort Knox, Ky., on Dec. 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fort Benning, Ga., on Dec. 15 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fort Hood, Texas, on Dec. 14 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Chicago, Ill. (Visual Pak Co.) on Dec. 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Fort Drum, N.Y., on Dec. 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Want to get involved? Help feed military families during the holidays by visiting www.operationhomefront.net or text SALUTE to 90999 and a $5 donation will be made to the Holiday Meals for Military Program — 100% of your donation will go to providing more meals for military families.