Bärenjäger Announces Finalists in Bartending CompetitionAugust 31, 2011
WHO: After receiving nearly 250 entries from bartenders across the nation, Bärenjäger announces the six finalists in the 2nd annual National Bärenjäger Bartending competition.
Following is the list of 6 selected finalists, as well as their affiliations:
· Kyle Ford: Empellon- New York City
· Chad Arnholt: Citizen Public House - Boston
· Christopher Martino: The Jack Rose Dining Saloon - Washington D.C.
· Colin Shearn: The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co.- Philadelphia
· Erick B. Smith: Niche Hospitality/Still & Stir – Worcester, Mass.
· Burton Daniel: Happy/Bitter Bar – Boulder, Colo.
WHAT: Bärenjäger’s 2nd Annual National Bartending Competition and introduction of new packaging. Each finalist will travel to New York City and get behind the bar for one hour, serving their drinks to the event’s guests as well as to the panel of esteemed industry judges who include:
· Dushan Zaric: Employees Only & Macao Trading Co.
· David Wondrich: Cocktail Writer – Author of "Imbibe" and "Punch"
· Aisha Sharpe: Contemporary Cocktails Inc.
· Dale DeGroff: King Cocktail
· Todd Richman: Corporate mixologist at Sidney Frank Importing Co., Inc
WHERE: The bar downstairs at Andaz 5th Avenue, 485 5th Ave, New York, NY
WHEN: September 19th, 2011
VIP Industry Party from 7pm – 9:30pm
WHY: An exclusive opportunity to experience the diverse and contemporary ways to enjoy Bärenjäger. The competition will serve to showcase original cocktails created by 6 very talented bartenders from around the country. The winner receives an all expense paid trip to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany as well as $1,000 in cash. Additional $1,000 cash priize will be awarded to the “audience favorite.”