Around the Scene: Dec. 8, 2011
For patrons worried about embarrassing pictures from a debauched and raucous night out ending up in the never-ending stream of social media, a beer company from South America has a solution. Norte’s Photoblocker is a beer cooler with built in flashbulbs and technology to detect camera flashes in 360 degrees. In response, it shoots back a powerful flash that whitewashes out the attempted shots.
Tonight, 4AM DJs will take the stage at New York’s Irving Plaza for their first live concert experience. The DJ artist company, owned by Jonny Lennon, Adam Alpert and Jus-Ske, has tapped their talent (DJ Jesse Marco, Sinatra, Price, Mia Moretti and Caitlin Moe) for sets at the BroBible.com sponsored event.
The Dream Hotel is headed to Los Angeles. According to the Los Angeles Times, construction on the 148-room hotel will begin in the spring at Selma Avenue and Cahuenga Boulevard in Hollywood. Plans include a rooftop swimming pool, restaurant and lounge. No word on which operators have been tapped to run the nightlife properties when it opens in 2013.
Las Vegas is gearing up to rule New Year's Eve 2012. Are you ready for the confetti?
• Tryst Nightclub will close out a momentous year with an array of stars to help count down the final moments of 2011, including Dutch DJ and producer Fedde Le Grand and Rob Kardashian.
• PURE Nightclub inside Ceasars Palace will countdown to midnight with chart-topping artist Chris Brown as he dances his way into 2012.
• LAX Nightclub inside Luxor Hotel and Casino will rock in the New Year with Grammy-Award-winning hip-hop artist B.o.B.
• The Palms Casino Resort will toast to 2012 with a selection of riveting entertainment throughout all of its venues on New Year’s Eve. Revelers can ring in the new year at the Palms’ nightclubs; dance to the beats of Paul Oakenfold, DJ M!KEATTACK and Mark Stylz; mix and mingle among Playboy Playmates; and enjoy an official John Legend after-party at Moon.
• XS at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas rings in the New Year with such talent as Swedish superstar Sebastian Ingrosso; one of the largest talents in electronic music today, Steve Angello; Grammy Award winning DJ Afrojack; and electronic music phenomenon deadmau5.
• Finally, TAO Nightclub will celebrate 2012 with Kim Kardashian.