Do you need to improve your social media presence? Do you know how your social media presence ranks vs. the competition? And what are they doing better than you?
There are many restaurant chains that know the formula for executing social media success.
A recent report by Heardable.com examined and scored the digital footprints of 25 full-service restaurant chains.
Here is a list of the Top 25, ranked in order of overall score:
- Olive Garden
- Yard House
- Texas Roadhouse
- Red Robin
- BJ’s Restaurant
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Red Lobster
- Outback Steakhouse
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill
- Joe’s Crab Shack
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Capital Grill
- McCormick & Schmicks
- Logans Roadhouse
- Smokey Bone
- Macaroni Grill
- Smokey Bones
(We encourage you to download the Heardable Report in its entirety, as each of the Top 25 chains are profiled in detail.)
If you are a member of this esteemed Top 25 list, congratulations! If you are not, then what can you learn from reviewing each of these chains? What competence factors were implemented to create compelling reasons for their customers to connect?
Here are some of the critical factors these chains have implemented, specific to a social media network:
- Focused message on a new or interesting aspect of product or service
- Created media that is worth being discovered, liked or shared
- Did not over-promote the brand
- Listened and responded in timely manner
- Initiated conversation with influencers
Realized the power of video
- People who view videos are 50 to 100 times more likely to purchase
- YouTube videos on a homepage increase Google search by 53 times
- Have an understanding of the growth and use of smartphones by consumers
- Have optimized their websites and related digital assets for mobile access
If you want to improve your social media presence, here are a few suggested next steps for moving forward:
- Download the Heardable report and learn what your competitors are doing.
- Assessment: Assess your current social media presence and that of three competitors.
- Strategy: Establish a plan to include internal and external resources.
- Implementation: Target the details and day-to-day tasks.
- Metrics: Monitor and measure to evaluate progress and fine-tune the details.
Good luck, and see you in the next Top 25!
Dronkers Solutions provides a free analysis of three of your competitors and recommendations for improvement. Contact Dave Dronkers at email@example.com.