Diageo Kicks Off the Summer with a New & Improved Mixology Site
- Thebar.com has greatly expanded the recipe content on the site. Beginning today, the unrivaled database of drink recipes on thebar.com also includes approximately 100 “how-to” video recipes providing step-by-step instruction for cocktail recipes and tips and tricks for serving.
- Thebar.com is home to the world’s favorite brands and once you find the perfect recipe for your party, thebar.com can provide tips and suggestions on where to find the brands to mix up the Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita or Smirnoff Paradise Martini.
- Nutritional facts for each brand and a featured drink to highlight new or favorite drinks that are available. Visitors can print and e-mail recipes to their friend.
- After an extensive redesign process, thebar.com also boasts a robust search engine that allows the consumer to find the right drink based on their criteria - by occasion, spirit type or brand- including holidays or themes, ingredients or non-alcoholic.
- The last-minute party planner will also benefit from an additional new feature on thebar.com coined “Quick Drinks,” which includes ready-to-serve cocktails. We all lead busy lives and many party hosts don’t have time to plan in advance. This function gives consumers quick and easy drink solutions for all entertaining needs, from a last minute summer party to impressing a friend who drops by unexpectedly.
- Thebar.com also puts a liquor store locator at site visitors’ fingertips for 14 participating states (dependent on state restrictions).
- For those who prefer to shop from the comfort of their computer, thebar.com also links to Stirrings.com for simple online ordering of brands and mixers. And for the cost-conscious party-planner, thebar.com now offers discounts for various Stirrings products.
- Further drink-focused editorial content will be available to thebar.com users, such as “Barnomics: A guide to the value of hosting at home,” and “Getting Started: Home Bar 101.”
- In addition, a comprehensive glossary of cocktail terms will also be a click away to explain the mystery of bar equipment, glassware, unfamiliar ingredients, techniques and measurements that are easy to understand for even the most amateur party planner.
Diageo is proud to promote responsible drinking. As such, we wanted to share some ‘party smart’ tips from thebar.com to make your party a success. Top tips below and on thebar.com:
- Real hosts go pro. Hire a real bartender to mix drinks and serve responsibly.
- Show the designated drivers some love. Nothing’s worse than two-liter bottles of flat cola, so whip up a non-alcoholic punch or two.
- Make sure somebody has numbers for the cab company.
TheBar.com was created by Diageo, the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines and beer categories. TheBar.com is Diageo’s showcase destination for special offers, events and info from some of the world’s favorite spirits, beer and wine brands, including Crown Royal® blended Canadian whisky, Johnnie Walker® blended Scotch whisky, Jose Cuervo® tequila, Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum, Smirnoff® vodka, Guinness® stout and Sterling Vineyards® wine.
© 2009 Diageo North America, Inc.
Diageo (Dee-AH-Gee-O) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines, and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Smirnoff, J&B, Baileys, Cuervo, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.