With the craft beer boom continuing into 2014, there has never been a better time to sell beer. But, if you're not a beer bar no need to worry. Francesco Lafranconi of Southern Wine & Spirits and Adam Seger of iPic Entertainment want bar owners to embrace the beer cocktail, or beertail.
Stating that, “Beer is the most chemically complex alcoholic beverage in the world,” Adam encouraged the creation of beertail menus.
Whether it be mixing individual beer styles and flavors or creating beertails with alcohol and spirits, beer-inspired creations can keep you on the cutting edge of one of the fastest growing trends in the business.
In order to succeed with beer cocktails here are 5 helpful hints:
1. Design beertails with a focus on utilizing your draughts. This will allow you to taste your draughts in a new way and to add as little or as much beer as you wish without wasting it.
2. Serve them on ice to keep the temperature ideal and float the beer on top in order to create aroma and taste layers.
3. Avoid serving your beertails with straws as this can destroy the layering and prevent the customer from benefiting from the aroma of the beverage.
4. After you’ve created your beertails, focus on using large format bottles – 750ml and 1.75ml – and offering table service for dramatic presentations.
5. Finally, encourage your staff to learn more about the beers they serve in order to better sell them to your customers and come up with beertail recipes of their own.
Stay on top of industry trends and new product releases at the biggest on-premise operator event of the year, the Nightclub & Bar Show, celebrating 30th years March 30-April 1, 2015 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Visit www.ncbshow.com today!