5 Tips on Throwing a Charity PromotionOctober 5, 2011 By: Alissa Ponchione
The start of the holiday season also means it’s the beginning of charity season, which can be a good thing for bar and club owners. In fact, this is the perfect time of year to plan a promotion that will benefit a good cause as well as draw new guests to your establishment. With the right sponsors and enough time, you can hold a successful charity event. In order to get started, however, you’ll need to get organized, and Nightclub & Bar can help. Here are a few easy tips from our experts that will help you throw a successful charity event.
1. Get vendors and distributors involved in your charity promotion. Consider collecting merchandise from alcohol vendors, local businesses, radio stations, etc. Once you gather enough materials, conduct an auction with all the proceeds going to the charity of your choice.
2. Raise your cover charge. Think about increasing your cover charge for the night, and let your clientele know that the extra couple dollars will be going to charity. Patrons won’t hesitate to pay if they know their money is going to a good cause.
3. Create an annual event. Giving back to your community is important because it can establish your bar or club as a neighborhood powerhouse. However, in order to be a local hotspot, think about launching an annual event for the charity of your choosing. You'll be known for this event because you hold it ever year. What's more, it won't be a huge expense. If you don’t sell food, get local restaurants to donate food, find beer and liquor sponsors willing to help out or get donations from other businesses in the area. Because of your efforts, you’ll receive annual publicity and your event will become a community staple.
4. Don’t take on all the expenses. Ask the charity to help you out by purchasing the food. This will help you with your costs and the charity organization will be happy to help out after seeing all the liquor, music, merchandise and other donations that you’ve received for them.
5. Attract new clientele. Charity events are a great way to add new clientele to your email lists. Make sure you’re capturing email address and phone numbers of guests attending your charity promotion, so they know to come to your bar or club more often.