Show StoppersMarch 8, 2010 By: Donna Hood Crecca Night Club and Bar Magazine
Your Guide to Making the Most of the 2010 Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show
More than 26,000 nightclub, bar and restaurant pros. Hundreds of brands, products and services on display. A near-capacity exhibit floor. Celebrities. Sports stars. Award winners. Drink and draft demos. Expert presenters. Endless tips, advice and real-life examples of how to grow your bar business. And that’s just during the day.
Once night falls on Las Vegas, the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show really ramps up. So much is going on, and you don’t want to miss a thing. Here’s a cheat sheet of hot tips to make the most of The Show. Consult the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show program guide or ncbshow.com for more details.
Monday, March 8
- The Top 100 Panel will feature Larry Murphy of Blush Boutique Nightclub, James Brennan of Stingaree and Sam Sameni of Wish Ultra Lounge dishing on what it takes to survive and thrive in the new economy.
- Robert Casillas and Guy Wilson of Monsoon Group present an intensive Workshop on “Building a Profitable Team.” You want one of those, right?
- Nightclub & Bar’s own Jon Taffer leads his workshop, “Jon Taffer’s Business Changing Dynamics: Increase your Revenue by 18% Guaranteed.” Enough said.
- Dynamic duo Robert Plotkin and Jack Robertiello present the “Successful Beverage Management: Proven Strategies for the On-Premise Operator” workshop.
- Legalese deciphered: Robert C. Smith offers “Minimizing Violence and Liabilities: Changing Standard Procedure” workshop.
- Chain pros deliver the goods on “Effective Beverage Promotion & Marketing Strategies.”
- Back of the House Tours: An insider’s view on top Vegas venues Tryst, Tao, XS and Lavo.
- Opening Night Party — The Cocktails & Dreams party celebrates Nightclub & Bar’s 25th Anniversary in style at Haze Nightclub. Sponsored by 901 Tequila, the event will feature cutting-edge festivities for the industry’s cutting-edge event!
- Club Pass — Feel the beat at The Foundation Room, Mandalay Bay.
Tuesday, March 9
- Exhibit Floor opens at noon. Wear comfy shoes!
- The Center for Draught Excellence teams up Anheuser-Busch, Micro Matic, NuCO2 and TapDynamics for a hands-on look at driving beer quality and profits; open Tuesday and Wednesday. (Across from Anheuser-Busch Booth #2523)
- Stargaze at the Nightclub & Bar Red Carpet. Starting at noon, industry hot shots and other celebs will sashay and smile, including the 2010 Nightclub & Bar Award Winners.
- Check out what’s new from MillerCoors, ABSOLUT Vodka, Beam Global, Patron, Monster, 901 Silver Tequila, Coca-Cola, Ed Hardy and many more on the show floor.
- See if BarSmarts, the bartender education initiative from Pernod Ricard, is for you; educators Dale DeGroff and F. Paul Pacult will be on hand to discuss it (Booth #1523).
- The Shake It Up Competition, sponsored by Nightclub & Bar and Southern Wine & Spirits, takes the stage at noon, with Francesco Lafranconi hosting and the nation’s leading cocktail experts judging entries.
- Hear DISCUS president/CEO Peter Cressy map the future during his Keynote Address.
- Multi-unit beverage pros talk about Training and Beyond in a special SuperSession.
- Need food and beer pairing advice? George Reisch, brewmaster for Anheuser-Busch, reveals sure-fire matches during his Featured Session.
- Workshops answer burning questions about social marketing, music programming, financing, local marketing, bottle programs and much more!
- Party with the pros at the Top 100 Party at XS at Wynn Encore, sponsored by ABSOLUT Vodka. See and be seen at the number one club in the nation.
- Tabu Ultra Lounge is Club Pass central tonight; find out why this club changed Vegas nightlife forever.
Wednesday, March 10
- Spirits guru F. Paul Pacult joins King Cocktail Dale DeGroff, Modern Mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim and Aria Hotel’s Heidi Hinkle for “Boosting Business with Better Bar Skills.” Don’t miss it!
- Laugh and learn as Crystal Head Vodka’s Dan Aykroyd delivers the Keynote Session.
- The Exhibit Hall opens at noon. Sample, sip and savor responsibly!
- Sparking wine sales, cashing in on celeb appearances, the value of the VIP and hiring DJs are among the Workshop topics. Come in curious, leave inspired.
- High-level spirits sessions: F. Paul Pacult on “Spirits Tasting for Profit” (gotta love this business), and all the way from Sweden, ABSOLUT’s Per Hermansson gives a sensory tour in “Shake Up Your Senses” with Chris Patino.
- Stop by the Red Carpet for another fix of the famous folks, starting at noon.
- The Craft Brewers Pavilion showcases the best from the nation’s craft breweries.
- Check out rising star chefs and emerging trends at the Las Vegas Culinary Challenge.
- Meet Willie Gault, former Chicago Bears player, and Bill Madlock, past Pittsburgh Pirate, our hosts for the Sports Bar Networking Party at Lagasse’s Stadium in the Palazzo; this two-hour event is free for bar operators and sponsored by MillerCoors.
- Go out with a bang at the DJ Spin Off at Tao Nightclub, sponsored by 901 Tequila and MillerCoors. It’s the 10th year for this evening event, and top DJ talent will be on display!
- Lavo hosts Club Pass this night for revelers looking for a Mediterranean vibe. Enjoy!
Need a Vacation?
We’re giving them away! Stop by the Nightclub & Bar Booth (#1937) and enter to win airfare and hotel for a trip to the Caribbean, Mexico or Vegas. Trips are courtesy of Vacation Adventures International. We’ll be drawing one winner per hour from noon until 5 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, March 8 and 9. After each hour’s winner is selected, all entries are removed, so stop back often and re-enter for fresh chances to win. While you’re there, be sure to sign up for all NCB has to offer and get all the business-building ideas you need in Nightclub & Bar Magazine and our e-newsletters, NCB First Round, NCB Mix, NCB Nightclub Confidential and VIBE. See you there!