The Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show Rocks Las Vegas With Its Highest Numbers EverApril 1, 2013 By: Nightclub & Bar
In its 28th year, the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show has continued its tradition of success, wrapping the March 19-21 event, with 37,740 attendees this year – an 11% increase in attendance.
The show also saw a 10% increase in new exhibiting companies, with nearly 700 companies represented. The largest beverage, bar and nightclub event of the year featured a kick-off ribbon cutting with Vegas’ newest resident performer, CeeLo Green and Jon Taffer star of Spike TV’s Bar Rescue and President of Nightclub & Bar Media Group.
“We are thrilled with the success of this year’s show and were pleased to offer our attendees access to the top beverage, bar and nightlife vendors in the country,” said President of Nightclub & Bar Media Group, Jon Taffer. “Our sponsors, including Indemnity Insurance Corporation, Anheuser Busch, MillerCoors, Diageo Innovation, Revention, TY KU, Spike’s Bar Rescue, Kahlua Midnight, BevIntel and Coca-Cola, displayed some of the newest, most innovative and technologically advanced products and services our industry has ever seen. Once again, Las Vegas, the nightlife capital of the world, provided the perfect back drop to showcase our industry.”
2013 NCB Show Highlights
Events at Las Vegas’ nightclubs, a star-studded ribbon-cutting, a buzzing exhibit hall, and standing-room only sessions with a behind the scenes look into the trade are all part of what keeps the hospitality industry professionals coming back year after year. Highlights from the show included:
- Jon Taffer, star of Spike TV’s Bar Rescue and president of the Nightclub & Bar Media Group gave attendees a look inside his industry knowledge with a keynote speech on the “Anatomy of a Rescue”
- Representing TY KU Premium Sake & Spirits, co-owner CeeLo Green attended and participated in the ribbon cutting ceremony to open the exhibit floor. Taffer conducted an interview with Green at the TY KU booth
- The inaugural program, Entrepreneurs of the Year, has proven to be such a success that NCB will be expanding the number of winners in 2014 from three to five. Winners from this year’s event were: V-One Vodka, PlanChat and Egress Marking Solutions
- Angel Management Group’s PURE Nightclub inside Caesars Palace kicked off the convention with a special guest performance by hip-hop icons Rev Run and Ruckus
- Spike TV’s Bar Rescue brought back their successful sponsored happy hour with Jon Taffer at LAVO in The Palazzo
- Jim Koch, Founder of The Boston Beer Company, gave a keynote on “How to Hit the Ground Running”, speaking to his 28 years in the business with stories to tell, lessons to share, and more than his share of anecdotes about the business
- Nick Shepherd, CEO of Carlson Restaurants / T.G.I. Friday’s keynote address discussed “Taking a Leap of Faith to Rebrand Your Venue” - how T.G.I. Friday’s is re-imaging their restaurants to focus on contemporizing with a more upbeat and inviting ambiance and why it is important for every venue to reinvent themselves
- The three Platinum Parties were hosted at Top 100 nightclubs: Hyde in the Bellagio Hotel, Marquee Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan and Tryst nightclub at The Wynn
- NCB’s top exhibitors launched and showcased many new brands for the marketplace on the show floor including Pernod Ricard's Kahlua Midnight and Mama Walkers unique flavored liquors; MillerCoors' Third Shift Amber Lager, Batch 19; Redd’s Apple Ale; Anheuser Busch's Black Crown; Bud Light Platinum; Becks Sapphire; and Diageo Innovations showcased their new Smirnoff Sorbet Light flavors, Crown Royal Maple and Tanqueray Rangpur.
Several on-site vendors provided the following comments on this year’s Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show:
- “We felt honored to be one of the NCB Entrepreneurs of the Year. It was both our first time at NCB and the first time we had shown our product. What a fun and exciting venue, for us it was an excellent opportunity to showcase our “innovative new product” and educate bar owners about the latest in safety egress marking. I’m definitely looking forward to next year.” Howard Moore, Owner of Egress Marketing Solutions and NCB Entrepreneur of the Year winner
- “Thanks for everything! The show went extremely well for us and we really appreciate all that you and your team did for PlanChat. We will definitely be attending next year, and now we really know what to expect. It has been a wonderful experience.” Miles Healey, Co-Founder / COO of PlanChat and NCB Entrepreneur of the Year winner
- “We have done hundreds of events since I launched the V-One Vodka brand. This was our first tradeshow outside the New England Market. The Nightclub & Bar Expo exceeded all of my expectations. It was a first class event. The biggest problem I now face is having too many leads; the number of qualified restaurants, suppliers, and distributors that I met was tremendous. The location, in Las Vegas, was perfect; it really is in the center of all the action. I also felt very honored and humbled to win the Entrepreneur of the Year for the show. The amount of exposure that this award has generated for me and my company is great.” Paul J. Kozub, Founder & Owner of V-One Vodka and NCB Entrepreneur of the Year winner
- “The booth traffic was impressive this year at NCB. We were thrilled to launch the new Islander evaporative cooler, specifically designed for the patio to reduce temperatures up to 30 degrees fahrenheit, to such a warm reception of enthusiasm by the business-minded attendees. We achieved the feedback and sales interest we were after, and look forward to next year.” Ben Wulf, Vice President of Marketing for Port-A-Cool
- "Another successful and great NCB Show in the books. Definitely saw the love for Pabst from the attendees!" Adam Humbert, Director of Field Marketing at Pabst Brewing Company