DIRECTV Partners with NCB to Present New Hospitality Sports Marketing ConferenceFebruary 16, 2011 By: Nightclub and Bar
Seeking to help bars, restaurants, hotels and others attract patrons through the excitement of live and televised sports, DIRECTV and the producers of the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show, America’s biggest and most important on-premise bar, nightclub and beverage show, announce they have teamed up to present the Hospitality Sports Marketing Conference, the “first and finest” educational and social event of its kind in North America. To be held in conjunction with the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show, the new conference will debut in Las Vegas from March 7-8, 2011.
“We support thousands of bars and restaurants across the country with sports programming services and any time we can help our customers build their business we are interested," said Rod Keller, VP Commercial Sales from DIRECTV. "The Hospitality Sports Marketing Conference has an impressive conference program lined up to help bar owners and operators grow profits through sports promotion and sports-based activities."
"Having DIRECTV join and support this initiative is very exciting and a true testament to the need out there for a conference dedicated to helping bars grow their business through sports," said Jon Taffer, President Nightclub & Bar Media Group. "Our conference will focus on the “tried and true” methods as well as introduce innovative new tools for owners and operators. We have presenters coming from the UFC, NASCAR and other prestigious organization who will share their expertise and ideas."
Highlights of the inaugural Hospitality Sports Marketing Conference include:
• Powerful educational programs with promotional tactical advice, including:
◦ Blow out your Sales with Football Promotions
◦ How to Score Big with Basketball
◦ Hitting Hard with UFC Promotions
◦ Promoting a Home Run Season with Baseball
◦ Finding Fast Money and Fun Times with NASCAR
◦ Skating to Score Big with Hockey
◦ Building Killer Pool Leagues and Promotions
◦ How to Get Your Sports Program Noticed with Great Local Marketing
◦ Tapping into the World of Social Media
◦ Winning Profits with a Killer Game Day Menu
◦ Featured Session: How to Build Your Annual Sports Marketing Plan
• Willie Gault, former wide receiver, Chicago Bears and LA Raiders and founder of Athletes for Life, delivering keynote address on March 7.
• Special celebrity-filled memorabilia charity auction with proceeds benefiting Athletes for Life, a national charity with over 300 professional member athletes.
Hospitality Sports Marketing Conference attendees also get free access to the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show, which attracts nearly 30,000 industry professionals who network, learn and have fun. Vibrant nightlife events, a rocking exhibit hall and interactive education both in the classroom and on the show floor are all part of what keeps hospitality industry professionals coming back year after year.
DIRECTV, the world’s most popular video service, provides access to state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, and the most comprehensive sports packages available to more than 280,000 commercial locations — including bars, restaurants, hotels, sports clubs, fitness centers, private offices, airplanes and a variety of retail locations — across the country.
Conference details including registration information is available at www.ncbshow.com/sportsmarketing.