A Toast to the 2010 Nightclub & Bar Awards FinalistsJanuary 6, 2010 By: Nightclub and Bar
Nightclub & Bar is proud to announce the finalists in the 2010 Nightclub & Bar Awards. More than 235 entries were received nominating bars, nightclubs, restaurants and DJs in 14 categories. Entries were submitted by venue owners, operators and managers, as well as suppliers, vendors and other industry members eager to recognize excellence in on-premise concepts, programs, talent and professionalism.
Formerly known as the Five Star Awards, the Nightclub & Bar Awards expands on that program’s foundation to honor outstanding operators across the industry from venues large and small, and the submissions showcased the energy and creativity of this industry.
“We were overwhelmed by the number of entries received and excited by the caliber of the entries,” says Donna Hood Crecca, editorial director of Nightclub & Bar. “Our stellar panel of judges had to make some tough decisions! We can’t wait to honor the winners during the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show in Las Vegas in March.”
The Nightclub & Bar Awards judging panel consisted of 20 industry leaders, journalists and consultants.
Presented by category, with finalists in alphabetical order, the 2010 Nightclub & Bar Awards Finalists are:
Nightclub Category Finalists
Mega-Club of the Year
• Pacha NYC, New York
• Rain, Las Vegas
• Stingaree, San Diego
• XS, Las Vegas
New Club of the Year
• Infusion Lounge, San Francisco
• Playhouse Hollywood, Los Angeles
• Voyeur, West Hollywood
• XS, Las Vegas
Nightclub of the Year
• The Avalon Hollywood, Los Angeles
• Lavo, Las Vegas
• Opera, Atlanta
• Tao, Las Vegas
• Tryst, Las Vegas
Ongoing Promotion of the Year
• Pacha NYC, New York – Toolroom Knights
• Rain, Las Vegas – Paul Oakenfold's Perfecto Vegas
• Hard Rock, Las Vegas – Rehab
• Tao, Las Vegas – Worship Thursdays
• Danny Tenaglia – Pacha NYC, New York
• Paul Oakenfold – Rain, Las Vegas
• Roonie G – Opera, Atlanta
• Z-Trip – Rain, Las Vegas
Single Promotion of the Year
• Four Year Anniversary – Tao, Las Vegas
• Love Festival – Palms, Las Vegas
• Midsummer Night’s Dream – Palms, Las Vegas
• The Young & The Restless – Opera, Atlanta
Ultra-Lounge of the Year
• 32º Luxe Lounge, Philadelphia
• Blush Boutique Lounge, Las Vegas
• Halo, Atlanta
• Pink Monkey, Chicago
Bar Category Finalists
Bartender of the Year
• Charles Joly – The Drawing Room, Chicago
• Columbine Quillen – The Blacksmith Restaurant, Bar and Lounge, Bend, Ore.
• H. Joseph Ehrmann – Elixir, San Francisco
• Russell Davis – Peche, Austin
Beer Bar of the Year
• Eulogy Belgian Tavern, Philadelphia
• Gritty McDuff’s, Portland, Maine
• Tapwerks Ale House & Café, Oklahoma City
• Willimantic Brewing Company, Willimantic, Conn.
Cocktail Lounge of the Year
• 675 Bar, New York
• The Drawing Room, Chicago
• Frankie’s Tiki Room, Las Vegas
• The Naga Cocktail Lounge, Bellevue, Wash.
• 207, Hard Rock Hotel, San Diego
• BOND Restaurant & Lounge, The Langham, Boston
• Hudson Bar, Hudson Hotel, New York
• POV, W Hotel, Washington, DC
Small Wonder Bar of the Year
• The Empty Glass, Charleston, W.Va
• In Between, Honolulu
• Manifesto, Kansas City
• Qua Bottle Lounge, Austin
Sports Bar of the Year
• Blondie’s Sports Bar & Grill, Las Vegas
• Champion Billiards Sports Café, Frederick, Md.
• Connolly’s Sports Bar & Grill, Royal Palm Beach, Fla.
• Jerome Bettis Grille 36, Pittsburgh
Wine Bar of the Year
• Ivy Ultra Lounge and Wine Bar, San Diego
• Flute Midtown, New York
• Mercy Wine Bar, Dallas
• Zebra’s Bistro & Wine Bar, Medfield, Mass.
Winners will be announced in February, so stay tuned! Special coverage of the winners will be included in the March issue of Nightclub & Bar, and winners will be celebrated at a special VIP reception during the Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show, March 8 – 10 in Las Vegas.