Mark Roman of Park East Restaurant and BarOctober 18, 2011
Bartender of the Year Entry
Name of Bartender: Mark Roman
Name of Bar: Park East Restaurant and Bar
Location: Hazlet, N.J.
Ownership/Parent Company: R3 Ventures
Square Footage: 10,000
The beauty of Mark Roman’s cocktails are surpassed only by the pure joy of how delicious they taste, and his bartending skills are drawing customers from as far as Baltimore, Md. — 175 miles away. As resident mixologist at Park East Restaurant and Bar, a lively upscale restaurant in the shore town of Hazlet, N.J., Roman is afforded the ability to showcase his “experiments.”
What began as a hobby inspired by his grandfather has become Roman’s life passion. This former Wall Street finance manager recently traded bulls and bears for olives and cherries in pursuit of life as a liquid chef, mixing popular drinks with his own brand of magic and creating new sensations that turn friendly gatherings into a party.
It didn’t take long for Roman, fondly known to his many followers as "Martini Mark," to wow the crowd with his signature Flower Martini, a delicious concoction made with fresh raspberry puree, raspberry vodka and champagne, along with a mouth-watering combination of “secret” ingredients and the pièce de résistance — a delectable hibiscus flower.
His Ménage a Trois, made with rose water, pomegranate molasses and lychee puree earned him the Winner — NJ Rocks Best Mixologist 2011 Award.
Some of his other signature drinks include:
• Reach For The Stars made with Soju Liqueur and black currant juice, for a celebrity fundraising event.
• The Hope Martini, made from vodka infused with raspberries and strawberries, sauvignon blanc wine, lavender-infused simple syrup and fresh lemon/lime juices, is the featured cocktail in “Cocktails For A Cause” in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
• Winter Solstice made with red wine, gingerbread liqueur and various spices to match.
And there are many more where these came from!
Some Of Mark Roman’s Credentials Include:
• Certified TIPS Trainer
• American Sommelier Association Member
• And bartender extraordinaire!